Sunday 4 April 2010

Minor ailments plague my life.

Minor ailments are the bane of my life. Flu has kept me housebound for two weeks and I'm still feeling its after effects of fatigue and low mood. My body feels floppy and I've no energy. I'm only working one day a week so most days there's no incentive to get up and move around. Time passes by in a guilty fog of daytime naps and aimless web surfing.

I wish there was someone in my life who could help. A kind of mentor who'd encourage and support me to challenge myself. Someone who'd get concerned if I was in bed all day and coax me out of the house. I do too much on my own and that's how it's always been. I can count the times I've gone shopping with another woman on one hand. Yes I have parents but they don't seem to care what I do - they don't even know what degree I did. I wish I was better at connecting with other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment